Friends of Merton Abbey School (FoMAS)
We are a group of parents and staff who organise and run events and activities to bring children and families together to strengthen our school community, and to help fundraise for the school.
Over the past year, Friends:
· ran a successful Christmas Fair including Santa’s Grotto
· supplied Christmas party boxes to help the classes end the term with a treat
· held a Macmillan coffee afternoon, raising £300 for Macmillan Cancer Support
· hosted the Valentines Ball for year 5 children, described as ‘one of the best parties ever’
· organised an Easter Egg hunt for EYFS and KS1, complete with an appearance from the Easter Bunny
· held a year 6 prom for our leavers sending them off in style with the red carpet treatment
· organised a successful Summer Fair
· purchased some much appreciated equipment for the pupils to use at lunchtimes
We welcome parents to join us either in our meetings to discuss ideas for future events, or just to volunteer any spare time where possible. No-one is expected to commit enormous amounts of time - helping on a stall at the school fair makes a huge difference.
If you feel you can help in any way, Friends always welcomes volunteers.
Contact us at email@example.com